When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information”.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
– “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
– “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
– “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers), email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information”.
When you apply to a job openings, some examples of personal data which we may collect from you include your name and identification information such as your NRIC number, contact information such as your address, email address or telephone number, nationality, gender, date of birth, marital status, photographs and other audio-visual information, employment information
We use the Personal information that we collect generally to fulfil any inquiries and process job applications placed through the Site. Additionally, we use this Personal information for the following purposes:
– Conducting investigations relating to disputes, billing or fraud;
– When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, providing you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
– Resolving complaints and responding to and handling requests and enquiries;
– Providing customer care, and other after sales services;
– For staff training and quality assurance purposes, particularly in relation to our customer relations staff at our call, email and other support centres;
– Asking for your opinions on Daiso Singapore Pte. Ltd’s products and services and conducting product surveys;
– Facilitating and processing your searches and requests for information when you contact us about Daiso Singapore Pte. Ltd. and its products and services;
– Conducting prize draws, contests and other promotional offers;
– Considering employing you if you contact us via one of Daiso Singapore Pte. Ltd.’s job application websites;
– Managing the administrative and business operations of Daiso Singapore Pte. Ltd. and complying with our internal policies and procedures;
– Facilitating business asset transactions (which may extend to any mergers, acquisitions or asset sales) involving any of the related corporations or affiliates of Daiso Singapore Pte. Ltd.;
– Matching any Personal Data held which relates to you for any of the purposes listed herein;
– Analyzing, investigating, handling and resolving any security breaches and related matters or any vulnerability to or risks of security breaches;
– Preventing, detecting and investigating crimes and analyzing and managing commercial risks;
– Providing media announcements and responses;
– Monitoring or recording phone calls and customer-facing interactions for quality assurance, employee training and performance evaluation and identity verification purposes;
– Organizing promotional events;
– Legal purposes (including in relation to dispute resolution proceedings or the procurement of legal advice);
– Meeting or complying with any applicable rules, laws, regulations, codes of practice or guidelines issued by any legal or regulatory bodies which are binding on Daiso Singapore Pte. Ltd. (including but not limited to responding to regulatory complaints, disclosing to regulatory bodies and conducting audit checks, due diligence and investigations);
– any purposes which are reasonably related or incidental to any of the foregoing.
In relation to particular products and services or in your interactions with us, we may also have specifically notified you of other purposes for which we collect, use or disclose your Personal Information. If so, we will collect, use and disclose your Personal Information for these additional purposes as well, unless we have specifically notified you otherwise.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
We will take appropriate and commercially reasonable technical, physical, and administrative measures to protect any Personal Information in our possession or control from any unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or other similar risks (collectively, “Unauthorized Use”) in accordance with applicable laws, including by ensuring that. Personal Information is contained in secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of employees who have special access rights to such systems. You should be aware, however, that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is completely secure. We will not be liable to you or any other person if any of your Personal Information in our possession or control is in fact subjected or exposed to any Unauthorized Use, through events beyond our reasonable control, including, without limitation, hacking, spyware, viruses or other forms of cyber-attacks or harmful mechanisms.
When you place an order or inquiry through the Site, we will maintain your Personal Information for our records indefinitely or until we are required to delete the same, whether pursuant to your request or otherwise under the PDPA.
Subject to the provisions of any applicable law, your Personal Information may be disclosed, for the purposes listed in Article 3 above (where applicable), to the following persons:
Further, we may also share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Shopify to power our online store–you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site — you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
Where your Personal Information is to be transferred to a country or territory outside Singapore (such as where it is disclosed to a recipient located overseas), we will take appropriate steps to ensure that we will continue to comply with our obligations under the PDPA in respect of the transferred personal data while it remains in our possession or under our control and the foreign recipient of the Personal Information is legally bound to provide a standard of protection to the Personal Information that is comparable to the protection afforded under the PDPA, or that such transfer will otherwise be in compliance with the PDPA.
As described above, we may use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
– Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
– Google: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
– Bing: https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
*We may charge you a reasonable fee for the handling and processing of your requests to access your personal data. If we so choose to charge, we will provide you with a written estimate of the fee we will be charging. Please note that we are not required to respond to or deal with your access request unless you have agreed to pay the fee.
We reserve the right to refuse to correct your Personal Information where so permitted under applicable laws.
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
The Site is not intended for individuals under the age of 18
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make an inquiry, please contact us by e‑mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail using the details provided below:
Daiso Singapore Pte. Ltd.
Privacy Compliance Officer: Jimmy (6566-9585 extension 857)
2 Jurong East Street 21, #03-50 IMM Building, Singapore 609601